On May 8, 2012 during Pervaiz Lodhie’s trip to Nagarparkar, Solar LED Lantern were gifted and distributed to Bhako Village, located in Tharparkar District, Province of Sindh, Pakistan. The distribution was part of Pervaiz Lodhie’s “Pehli Kiran” socio-economic poverty alleviation program for rural Pakistan’s poorest marginalized communities.

500 LED Lanterns—manufactured by Shaan Technologies KEPZ Karachi—were gifted to 500 families of Bhako, Kharoro and Vekasar Villages. These villages are only couple of miles from the India border, Nagarparkar area of Thar Desert. About 60% of the people are Hindus, and the remaining 40% are Muslims.

These lanterns provide the villagers with a clean and free source of energy for light after dark for more productive hours for adults to work and children to get their education. They also remove the risk of health issues caused by kerosene lanterns, as well as help keep the villagers safe from nighttime hazards.

Trip and distribution facilitated and supported by:
Masood Lohar, UNDP Green Environment Facility (GEF) Small Grants Programme (SGP)
Abbas Khoso, Integrated Rural Awareness and Development Organization (IRADO)
Present on the trip:
Pervaiz Lodhie, LEDtronics, USA
Shahid Siddiqui, Shaan Technologies (Pvt) Ltd, Karachi, Pakistan

  • Reply

    WilliamRine

    19 06 2016

    I loved your article post.Much thanks again. Fantastic. Hoesly

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *